Updated: Jul 20, 2020
I'm betting there are more than 1 or 2 people who have started running recently! With gyms closing, and people looking to get out of the house for a breath of fresh air, running has taken on a whole new level of fun.
I've been running for 20 years, and have pretty much made every mistake out there! Learn from my mistakes, and check out these top tips!
1. Invest in the right pair of running shoes - in fact, go to a running store to get fitted - believe me, you will potentially save thousands in physical therapy bills in the years to come!
2. Protect your girls and get a good sports bra. This will make all the difference between hating and loving running. And make sure you get the right fit for the size of your ladies :)
3. Join a running group. Accountability and camaraderie are AMAZING reasons for lacing up and getting out the door, even when you don’t want to. Don’t have a group in your area? Just get a group of friends together and create your own!
4. Focus on time over distance. It does not matter a jot how fast you are running or how far in the beginning - forward is a pace! Slow it down and be patient.
5. In the first month or so embrace the run-walk method. For example, running for 3 minu